- Where is this event being held and is there parking?
- Is this exhibition appropriate for all ages?
- Coat Check and Storage Guidelines
- Is the space accessible to guests with disabilities?
- Are strollers allowed?
- Can I take pictures or use my cell phone?
- I lost something. Whom do I contact?
Where is this exhibition being held and is there parking?
Ai Weiwei: Trace in Chicago is being presented at 659 West Wrightwood Avenue, Chicago. There is no on-site parking and street parking is difficult. Use of public transportation is encouraged. Click here for directions.
Coat Check and Storage Guidelines
To make the most of your time in the space, we ask that you plan to arrive with as few items as possible.
The following items are not allowed in the galleries and must be stored in the coat check:
- Art supplies, with the exception of pencils and paper (no ink pens)
- Tripods, flash or lighting attachments, video equipment of any kind, or selfie sticks
- Bags larger than 4” x 13” x 17,” including but not limited to: backpacks, large shoulder bags or purses, or camera bags
- Strollers, any wheeled vehicle or non-ADA compliant mobility devices
The following items are not allowed in the space at any time:
- Food and beverages
- Smoking or vaping paraphernalia or any incendiary materials
- Sharp items (including scissors or pocket knives)
- Pets/animals (except registered service animals)
- Drones or similar remote-controlled devices, binoculars, or other telephoto equipment
These checks and measures are in place for the security, safety, and comfort of visitors and staff. We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone possessing, or believed to possess, any of the above-listed materials. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Please note the following rules:
- Only visitors with a ticket to the exhibition may store items with guest services.
- All carried bags must be secured across the front of the body.
- All bags are subject to inspection upon arriving and leaving the gallery.
- The gallery is not responsible for lost, damaged, or unclaimed items.
Is the space accessible to guests with disabilities?
Trace in Chicago is presented in an ADA-compliant space and is open to individuals with disabilities. We also welcome and will make reasonable accommodations for registered service animals. If you have any concerns about your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your visit.
Are strollers allowed?
Due to the nature of the artwork, strollers are not permitted within the installation. Should you need to bring a stroller with you, you will be asked to store it at our attended check desk.
Can I take pictures or use my cell phone?
Cell phone photography and video are allowed – and encouraged! Please use #AiWeiwei, #AiWeiweiTrace, and #AiWeiweiChicago to tag all your social media content. Please refrain from using professional photography equipment and taking phone calls, and please turn your phone to silent.
I lost something. Whom do I contact?
If you discover you are missing your items prior to leaving the building, please ask any visitor guide to help you find it or come to the Guest Services Desk by the entrance and we will help you. If you discover your loss after leaving the building, please call 773-437-6601 or email us at email@example.com to check if we have your item. If the items you have misplaced have your contact information on them, we will contact you if we find them.